The Cost of Invisalign: Everything You Need To Know
When you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, gaps between your teeth, or problems with your bite, a dental expert can use Invisalign to correct these issues.
These clear, removable teeth aligners are used to improve your bite’s function, speech, enhance your smile, and promote better oral health. When it comes to correcting dental issues, you’ll have to establish whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign and consider the cost of treatment.
So, just how expensive is Invisalign? Read on to learn more about this cosmetic dentistry treatment option.
How much does Invisalign cost?
According to the Invisalign website, the average cost of Invisalign in the U.S. ranges from $3,000 to $7,000. The Consumer Guide for Dentistry places the national average for Invisalign at between $3,000 and $5,000.
Depending on your insurance provider, your policy may cover at least part of the treatment costs. Traditional metal bracket braces, which are an alternative to Invisalign, usually cost between $2,000 and $6,000.
In addition to the cost of Invisalign treatment, patients should also take into account aftercare costs. Once your dentist has completed the treatment, they may require you to wear a retainer to preserve the alignment. Typically, the aligners will cost $100 to $500 per retainer.
Generally, costs vary from one patient to another, depending on several factors. Your dentist will provide you with an accurate price estimate based on your treatment plan. Below are some of the factors that influence the cost of treatment.
NOTE: These costs are a national average and don’t reflect the prices of Benca Dentistry.
Factors that determine your treatment cost
The final out-of-pocket price you pay for Invisalign treatment will depend on a number of factors. As such, you may notice significant differences between what you pay and what your friends pay for the custom-made aligners.
Here is what to keep in mind:
The severity of the case
The cost of treatment will depend partly on the complexity or severity of your teeth and jaw misalignments, as well as your oral health needs. Acute conditions will require regular visits to the dentist and take more time and supplies to correct, which will push up the cost of treatment.
Your geographical location
The cost of doing business varies from one location to another, depending on taxes and the cost of rental spaces. As such, you may want to get a general sense of what you’ll pay before consulting a dental expert. Start by checking the average prices of Invisalign treatment in your city.
Your dental insurance plan
The amount you pay out of pocket will also depend on how much your insurance plan will help cover. The bigger the portion of the treatment your plan covers, the less you’ll pay from your pocket.
The reputation of the dentist
Reputable and experienced dental experts are likely to charge more for their services. An experienced professional will use their expertise to improve your path to a beautiful smile. However, you should never compromise on quality in an effort to cut back on costs.
Mostly, Invisalign treatment will produce the results you expected. However, when there is a hitch and things don’t go as planned, the dentist can make adjustments to the original treatment plan. It’s important to find out from your dentist whether refinements will cost extra.
Payment options: Ways to save on Invisalign
The cost of Invisalign treatment shouldn’t discourage you from using this procedure to correct dental irregularities. There are a number of payment options that can help you afford this treatment option comfortably.
Below are some of the ways through which you can save money on Invisalign treatment:
- Dental insurance: An increasingly high number of insurance plans cover the cost of Invisalign treatment. You may want to find out how your policy can help save you money so you can maximize your benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): This set of pretax money is deducted from your salary and is used to cover healthcare costs, including dental treatment. Find out if your employer offers FSAs and be sure to use it up before the end of the year.
- Health savings accounts (HSA): This is a government-regulated savings account designed to cover costs not covered by your insurance policy. However, you’ll need a high-deductible insurance policy to qualify for an HSA.
- Dental schools: A good number of dental schools offer discounts on treatments provided by student dentists. If you’re looking to save money, you can find dental schools near you and take advantage of such programs.
- Monthly payment plan: Some dental offices have in-house monthly payment plans that enable more people to pay for dental treatments. The bill can be spread out over several months so you can pay without financial distress.
- No-interest credit card: Provided you use it correctly, your credit card can help you finance dental work. In case you qualify for a credit card with zero percent APR introductory rate, you can pay for Invisalign treatment before the introductory rate ends. This will enable you to create a payment plan without having to incur extra costs.
Is Invisalign worth it?
Invisalign not only helps to improve your smile but is also removable, enabling you to brush and floss your teeth so you can maintain proper dental hygiene. The translucent aligners will straighten your teeth discreetly, a factor that helps to boost your confidence, self-esteem, and happiness. You will also enjoy freedom from food restrictions.
Invisalign requires fewer visits to the dentist’s office and move teeth gradually, leading to less discomfort. They are also a safer option for individuals with an active lifestyle. Reading Invisalign reviews will provide you with more information, effectively helping you make an informed decision when comparing Invisalign vs. braces cost.
At Benca Dentistry, we offer high-quality Invisalign treatment to help you achieve the desired results. We’re committed to providing both general and family dentistry for our patients. Our dentists Dr. Patricia Benca, Dr. Laura Benca, and Dr. Adam Gee, are not only experienced but also friendly and caring. With them, you can rest assured that your smile is in good hands.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment so our experienced dentists can assess your condition, help you figure out costs, and identify the best payment terms for you.